Saturday, September 15, 2007

Introducing The Litlab

A lazy little cross-post here...but I've gone and started yet another blog, and wanted to let W6 readers know about it.

Well--it's not a blog, precisely. It's a repository of experimental writing, and is called The Litlab. (In addition to that link, there's a permanent one on our blogroll.) I'm the "editor," which I put into quotes to indicate that this is less an online journal than a haphazard collection of weird and funny writing experiments. Here's the description from the site:

The Litlab is a highly informal online compendium of literary experiment and investigation, including limiting exercises, textual manipulations, historical curiosities, unusual poetic forms, comedic mimesis, metafiction, egrotic literature, neo-absurdism, lettristic hypergraphics, or whatever other nonsense its contributors happen to invent. The Litlab is intended less as an online literary journal or blog than a haphazardly curated digital museum.

Submit
to J. Robert Lennon. Include your homepage URL, a brief bio, and a brief explanation of your experiment. Your work may have already been published, and may be freely published elsewhere.

Ideally, submissions should be 1000 words or less in length. Experiments involving sound, video, or web-based animation are especially encouraged.

If that sounds fun to you, send me something! Meanwhile I have kicked things off with a piece of my own.

Also, if anyone knows how to alter Blogger's CSS to allow some kind of fiction-style paragraph indentations, please let me know in the comments. I know how to get to the template, I just don't know what to put there and how to activate it in HTML.

No comments: