Friday, February 15, 2008

Six-Word Memoirs

Just a quickie here, to launch you into your weekend of literary shenanigans. Via BoingBoing, we learn of this new book of six-word memoirs, Not Quite What I Was Planning. A sample:

Kentucky trash heap yields unexpected flower. -- John Kurtz
Changing mind postponed demise by decades. -- Scott O'Neil
Despite disorders, jafroed jewboy gets girl. -- Michael Eisner
Didn't pull out. Downhill from there. -- Roger Daubach
Thought I would have more impact. -- Kevin Clark
Yes, you can edit my biography. -- Jimmy Wales
Must remember: people, gadgets. That order. -- Brian Lam

Now I will take a deep breath, overcome my sorrow at not being invited to the party, and offer up "Lower sales, fewer New York friends." Anyone?

8 comments:

ed skoog said...

Chose poetry over math.

Monketah said...

I'm a late bloomer, so here goes: "All was lost until age fifty."

Anonymous said...

Ha haa awesome!

Skoog, btw, I was just today playing that song I wrote around your poem "The Lions of Canarsie"...I'm the musical entertainment for a grad student reading next month....I think I'll play it there.

How was the Massachusetts event?

monketah, thanks for stopping by...and I hope I'm singing the same tune...

Anonymous said...

Too many blogs. Didn't write today.

Anonymous said...

Learnt to love the difficult pleasures

M. Sáflo said...

Made a Blog, Got the Chicks

Anonymous said...

Paraphrasing Philip Roth:

"As though in her presence, hope."

Writer, Rejected said...

"Alas, I am my own creation"