Sunday, November 9, 2008

Blogger Summit

There may not be a new post this weekend, as we're conducting serious business here at W6HQ: an important summit meeting with Moonlight Ambulette. Our negotiations will have far-reaching effects on the literary blogosphere: Condalmo will be expected to post five times more often than usual, the Rake will be asked to change the name of his blog on a weekly basis from now on, and Ed Champion will be forced to become a restaurant critic. These are all Amy's ideas, of course, we just sat there nodding.

Somehow we found time to enjoy a terrific reading from Amy's new book at The Bookery. She was very funny, and passed around a helpful handout about how to get your novel published. (Hint: live around the corner from Paul Auster.) Thanks to my students for attending, and for the hippie who played the bongos down the hall the entire time: dude, you are awesome.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bwahaha! These are very good ideas. But I should point out that there was a brief period in which I WAS a restaurant critic in my early twenties -- albeit with an utterly strange criteria that no newspaper today (or, for that matter, back then) would even remotely consider. Personally, I would like to see a movement in which litbloggers and writers -- led by the Rake -- attempt to convince every restaurant to change its name -- ideally, every season. Many kind thoughts for you kind folks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ed! I was kidding, but should have known. :LOL: Perhaps someday there ought to be a genuine litblog conference...you could choose the food.

Anonymous said...

As the man sez: I am large, I contain multi-dudes. Or something.

amy said...

Dude, YOU are awesome. The first lady eggs really did change my life.

I'm moving in next week.

Anonymous said...

The Amy Shearn!!!! She's my favorite writer in the entire Park Slope region.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Amy, it was a pleasure having you visit (and Lauren and your mom). It seems almost normal now, inviting people you met on the internet to your house.

Not that you personally are normal, I didn't mean to suggest that.

amy said...

How did people even meet before the internet? I don't remember. Mail order?

Anonymous said...

Oh god I didn't even see this post until today. Behind schedule, once again. Get ready for a bunch of posts featuring funny-looking photos of popular authors!