Friday, January 14, 2011

JRL reading in NYC next Friday, 1/21

Hey readers--Rhian will be back with a real post tomorrow, but until then I thought I'd let you know I'm reading in New York a week from right this second, Friday January 21, 7pm, at the Housing Works Bookstore Cafe in Soho.  Here are the details.  I will be reading with the very funny Ben Greenman and stealth genius Lynne Tillman (whose magnificent freakout American Genius is not like any book I have ever read in my entire life), in an event dedicated to promoting the fifth issue of the excellent, excellent Electric Literature, the cover of which features a painting of some nude dude playing a video game.

This event is billed as "plus film and a DJ," so you never know, maybe there will be live dancing videogame nude dudes?  I certainly hope so.  Anyway, please come, and buy me nine drinks.  I dare you.

1 comment:

OutOfContext said...

I subscribed to Electronic Literature on my Kindle and read Hibachi and just wanted to let you know what a nice piece of work I thought it was. I know it's a small thing, but my favorite moment was "the tell", when Evangeline dents the wall with the hibachi and doesn't seem to mind. It's jarring while not taking you too far off kilter. Well done.